How to Join the Striders
THE DALLAS METROPLEX STRIDERS TRACK CLUB
Read about the club's history from the early 1970's to present day.
The Dallas Metroplex Striders is a year-round training club open to any runner aged 14 through high school.
- Must be prepared to train hard on a year-round basis.
- Must be able to attend weekly workout(s), or be able to run workouts as presented on the internet.
- If runner resides in the USATF Southern Association, he/she must join the Club and purchase a uniform for races between high school seasons.
- Be able to do the Club training in conjunction with the high school coaches training. (Adjustments will be made to Club training).
- Pay a monthly membership fee based on whether or not the runner attends Dallas workouts. (Call Terry Jessup to discuss options).
- Must read the 'Weekly Training Notes' page on the Strider website and know the weekly "buzzword."
- If possible, must attend one of our summer cross country camps in July each year. There, a full discussion of the training system will allow for a better understanding of our training system.
Training is based on a mileage sytem, with the goal of improving runners now and throughout their careers. Training schedules cover every day of the year, and runners are required to run all year-round.
Contact Terry Jessup to join the Metroplex Striders.